We're still here! Just took an impromptu blogging break while we enjoy our last weeks of maternity leave. Jamie and I have been saving up thousands of conversations to have on first day back at the studio together. It's been so weird not recapping every moment of my life with her every week! We survived the blizzard by stocking the house with the essentials (pasta and wine), and hunkering down. We both loved playing in the winter wonderland that Brooklyn turned into, but mostly enjoyed the extra excuse to stay in and snuggle our kiddos...or in my case trying (and failing) to teach my 10 month old the art of the nap.
Here are some links we loved around the web this week...
- Post-Blizzard, the Senate looked a little different (Leslie Knope would be proud.)
- Every house guest ever.
- Check out this boutique winter igloo for only $200 a night listed on Airbnb...a steal!
- Here is a new way to relax while in the throes putting together an IKEA bookcase with 10,000 parts.
- Cookies almost too cute to eat...almost.
- I loved this interesting perspective of social media networks from 90 year old Polish sociologist, Zygmunt Bauman.
- You're never too old for a makeover.
- Currently coveting this gold ball of soap from my lady crush's beauty routine
- Loving Peechaya Burroughs' minimalist and whimsical Instagram account
- Yum. A healthy treat my peanut butter loving husband will appreciate.
Have a great one! Hopefully we will be better bloggers this week!