Did anyone see the super blood moon eclipse last night?? I fell asleep and missed it, womp womp. Yes, that means I was in bed by 9:30 pm, no judgements, it was a busy weekend! This weekend Jamie and Reuben celebrated their 5-year wedding anniversary (it crazily seems like we were toasting to them at Apple Barn Farms in Hudson just yesterday!). My husband and I also celebrated our anniversary a week late, by taking a walk to our venue and recreating the photo above. A sample sale of kids clothing might have been conveniently across the street (see adorable bonnet on Evie), but it was fun to reminisce as well. It finally felt like fall and Jamie and I both texted each other at the same time excitedly exclaiming how autumnal it felt outside. We spent the weekend walking around enjoying the fall weather and trying to kick the change-of-season colds we both caught. Jamie's daughter, Vivi, also worked hard on her current masterpiece.
Here are some links to get you through a week being stuck inside at work during the most perfect fall weather....
- Satellite images of Earth show the all the awful and the beautiful things happening in the world from above.
- Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.
- I tried what's sure to be the newest hipster trend this weekend - a bottle of switchel, a natural energy drink that farmers swear by. It's intense, but I kind of liked it.
- It's that time of year again- pumpkin beer season! These experts smugly roll their eyes, but then weigh in on their favorite pumpkin or seasonal fall beers.
- Love reading these brilliant dictionary stories. Short stories composed entirely of example sentences from the the dictionary. (via SwissMiss)
- Having a party? Don't know how much booze to buy? Mini bar is here to help! And they'll deliver it all to you, to boot. (via Rue Mag)
- An idiot's guide to wine.
- Grandparents across the world can rest easy tonight - babies understand that they are facetiming! (Those reaction smiles are real, Mimi!) An interesting read to parents who use Facetime to connect with relatives who live far away and want tips on how to help little ones understand what's going on.
- Go ahead, put on Netflix and pop yourself some popcorn in the microwave. It's healthy!
In case you missed it on Chasing Saturdays...
- I showed off my favorite nail art manicure
- whipped up some whipped ricotta (and yes, it was also delicious dipped into with wheat thins!)
- and Jamie shared a cocktail fit for her wedding anniversary - The Jack Rose.
Have a great week!
(photos above via instagram, initial wedding photo first mate photography)