What a weekend of celebrations we had! Saturday we celebrated my birthday with tapas and wine and Sunday Jamie's mom and I threw Jamie and her baby boy a mini-shower. Since it's Jamie's second baby, we encouraged hand-me-downs and small gifts only, and she got the cutest baby boy stuff. Jamie didn't want a second shower at first, but soon realized it's always lovely to get the ladies in your life together for mimosas and brunch.
The celebration continues this week while we celebrate all things fig. The fruit is having it's seasonal moment and you could say we are "getting figgy with it." Sorry, I had to.
Here are some links that I figure will get you through a week full of fig puns...
- Who Said It: Donald Trump or Lucille Bluth? Scarily difficult.
- The difference 25 years makes. Can you imagine the next 25 years? (via SwissMiss)
- Fall-ify your home.
- A pink dolphin! What a cutie pie.
- How to write a cookbook. (via Food52)
- This adorable baby pranking her dad had me smiling all morning. It's so nerve-wracking to cut a baby's fingernails! I make my husband or sister do it!
- I really should have gotten this high-tech light that helps babies sleep for Jamie's shower. My sister already ordered two!
- I should get this befitting pin before Halloween.
- Evie is currently coveting this baby toggle coat.
- You mean we've been pronouncing He Who Shall Not be Named name wrong this entire time?!
In case you missed it on Chasing Saturdays...
- I celebrated my birthday with gusto with a party decor round up
- and a d.i.y balloon birthday banner.
- and Jamie made me a pitcher of Lillet and Peaches.
Have a great week!