I'm back from my trip to the Eastern Shore of Virginia with my family and need a vacation from my vacation. It was so fun, but road trips with babies are no joke! Jamie spent the weekend soaking in every last bit of summer with a trip to Rockaway Beach and the classic Brooklyn summer moment - playing in an open fire hydrant! This is a busy week for me and Jamie, complete with a photo shoot in a pool mid-week. I'm also going to a wedding Friday night in Brooklyn, and inspired by Joanna, I'm going to wear a black jumpsuit. There's not much more that I love than an excuse to wear a jumpsuit and a wedding within walking distance.
Here are a few links to get you through the busiest of weeks....
- In case you want to join the summer fun - How to legally open a fire hydrant in NYC.
- This article on how new words are spreading across America is fascinating. I mean...on fleek.
- Way before Tinder there were flirting cards.
- For all those recent high school grads out there - 4 steps to choosing your major.
- Love this graphic beach towel D.I.Y (via Say Yes)
- Currently coveting.
- Last week I linked to an animated history of hair - this week I bring you wedding hairstyles from 60's to today.
- A girl can dream of vaulted ceilings.
- Nothing says the beginning of August like Fall beauty trends!
- Google is really stepping up their game with Google Translate and letting us know when our favorite places are the busiest. We totally needed google translate in Tokyo!
- My adventurous sister would probably stay in one of these sleeping capsules hanging from a mountain! Eek, I'd be too freaked out! (via SwissMiss)
In case you missed it on Chasing Saturdays...
- The perfect drink to sip on your porch on a hot summer day - Sweet Tea Bourbon
- Jamie showed us how to tie a Carrick Bend sailor knot
- and I discovered champagne in a can!
Have a great week!