We had a week and weekend full of birthdays. It was Jamie's husband's birthday this week and my sister, Colleen's. It was also our two dear friends, Moti and Emily's b'days. Needless to say, we were celebrating all week long. Saturday capped it all off for me, with dinner and drinks at Gemma at the Bowery hotel and a birthday party for the three other birthday revelers at the cool outdoor bar in Brooklyn, Hot Bird. Sunday, my sister and I went to the farmers market, got some fresh ingredients and whipped up a delicious dinner on the grill. All in all, it was the perfect weekend of celebrations!
Here are some links we loved around the interwebs this week...
- We're the Timmy brothers and we make water. This made me chuckle to myself.
- Loved this Guide to Killer Confidence by Mindy Kaling. She just gets me. (via Cup of Jo)
- A guide to curating a conscious closet made me want to go shopping and feel good about it.
- I'm dying for new stuff for our walls lately so I loved this Affordable Art Round Up by Alice and Lois.
- Not your momma's brown paper lunch bags. Perfect for back to school.
- An amazing interview with the used bookstore owner in my neighborhood who is selling the bookstore and retiring. The last of it's kind, as it "smells of water damage and it’s almost impossible to maneuver its aisles without knocking over stacks of books." I rarely go in there, but I am sad to see it go! Every now and then it's come through for me with a great book. The interview is still a great read, even if aren't a Cobble Hill resident.
- Indian Bridal Fashion week is full of amazingly intricate and beautiful gowns.
- A cool instagram account to follow that will make you feel both fashionable and hungry.
In case you missed it on Chasing Saturdays....
- I rediscovered my love for spin pins
- Jamie celebrated National S'mores day with these delicious s'mores ice cream sandwiches (I've been eating them all day e'ry day!)
- and we drank some refreshing pisco sours on Friday.Have a great week!
Have a great week!