What did you do this weekend? It was my favorite weekend of the summer- when my block in Brooklyn celebrates Bastille Day. The French restaurant next to us covers the street in sand and throws a big party with a boules tournament. The street is full of food vendors, bars serving Lillet, music and fun. And luckily, my apartment has the perfect, air-conditioned view of it all. We invite over friends, sip St-Germain and Champagne and watch the tournament from our window, cheering on the team we decide to support on a whim. Jamie spent the weekend at the beach with family soaking in the sun and cooking Lobsters. We are finally getting into the summer swing of things around here!
Here are some links to get you to the next summer weekend...
- Hannibal Buress "auditioning" for The Daily Show made me laugh.
- How to get through the mid-day slump (besides reading our links!) (via Cupcakes and Cashmere)
- A mug that perfectly sums up my mornings lately.
- An easy summer tin-foil dinner for the grill.
- Beach bag round up? Yes, please.
- Love this play table DIY from Oh Joy!
- How to break free from mediocrity.
- 7 ways to get rid of clutter without actually getting rid of it. Great for those with hoarding husbands in small NY apartments.
- Warning: you will have serious apartment envy after clicking through this slideshow of cool rooms in NYC. (via RueMag)
- I love this dreamy (and educational) poster.
- Honey cake with mascarpone, figs and pistachio could not sound (or look) more delicious. (via Sho & Tell)
- A friend came over straight from the beach yesterday, wearing this perfectly cool summer dress. It's on sale too!
In case you missed it on Chasing Saturdays
- Jamie shared some of her favorite documentaries - I want to see Mad Hot Ballroom.
- And I made a spicy mango and pineapple street snack
- and agua fresca champagne cocktails.
Have a great week!