Have you ever written an email you immediately wish you could take back? Please tell me I'm not the only one! When I was working in an office in London I made the biggest email oops of my life. After a festive lunch break with co-workers (2 pints deep, trying to keep up with the Brits) I realized that I had forgotten to order more water for the water-cooler. To notify the office of the water shortage I thought I would be witty and send out an email with the subject line "H2-oh-no!!!!" and a somewhat sloppy explanation of the water situation. Feeling proud of my pun, I smugly hit send, until I realized I had sent it to the entire worldwide company instead of just our small office. I wanted to reach back in the computer and get the email back, but all I could do was just stare at the screen as people in Germany sent back confused responses. That email still haunts me, but gmail has finally added an un-send button giving you the opportunity to avoid emails blunders like mine.
Here's to a short workweek and the newfound ability to un-send emails. (I still wouldn't recommended drinking more than a half-pint at work lunches or emailing ex-es after midnight).
- Other New Yorkers share their biggest email gaffes.
- Real Soccer Moms.
- The Whitney does stroller tours for parents and caregivers. We are going to try and go to one in July or August.
- A guide to happiness at work from girl crush, Rashida Jones.
- 2 Kinds of People (via Snippet and Ink)
- In honor of the passing of Don Featherstone, inventor of the iconic flamingo lawn ornament, here's a nice roundup of flamingo finds by Lonny.
- 7 designy items to spruce up your office. I love this gorgeous mesh shelf.
- Whoa. (via Design Sponge)
- The best beach wave hair tutorial I've seen yet.
- Interns running to deliver the SCOTUS news is pretty great. I mean just look at them go!
- 9 Yard Games for your backyard summer gatherings.
In case you missed it at Chasing Saturdays...
- A cool smartphone trick to try at your next picnic
- 3 classic tea sandwiches
- How to make a pitcher of Pimm's Cup
- and Evie celebrates the good news from SCOTUS!
Have a great week and great Fourth of July weekend!