It's Jamie's birthday tomorrow, which means we will be celebrating all week long! Jamie and I take birthdays very seriously and like to make them into birth-months instead. If there is anyone worth celebrating for a whole month, it's Jamie. Jamie is the kind of friend who, no matter what, comes into a room with a bright smile and a positive attitude. I've never met anyone as optimistic, energetic and caring as Jamie. Some days after laughing and goofing off with her for an hour, she will casually mention that she got two hours of sleep. If I get two hours of sleep the whole room knows I'm cranky as soon as I walk in, but Jamie has the amazing ability to live in the present and make everyone else around her feel at ease. Not only does she make you feel happy, but she makes you feel important. She listens quietly to all your stories, even if they drag on or are complain-y and then she offers sage, non-judgy advice followed by a Beyonce dance party to cheer you up. I'm so lucky to call her a friend and am inspired by her constantly. She's kind of the best.
Here are some links to get you through a week full of celebration hangovers...
- My favorite card maker, Emily McDowel, created cards she wished she'd received from friends and family while battling cancer and they are perfect.
- Just in time for Mother's Day, A Place for Breast-Feeding Mothers at New York Area Airports (and the booth has a Jamie Grill Photography photo on it!!)
- The Best Commencement Speeches, Ever.
- A feminist wedding magazine!
- Oh Happy Day started a party supply shop and it makes me want to throw a fête immediately!
- Häagen-Daz is celebrating Jamie's birthday as well with free cone day tomorrow!
- I need this. A Seat Belt For Your Desk Chair Will Force You To Sit Up Straight In The Office. (via Swiss Miss)
- Melanie from You Are My Fave finds the best basic tee-shirt by trying every tee out there, so you don't have to.
- Why we can't read anymore. I started reading it, but then got distracted by instagram, email and twitter. oops. (via Miss Moss)
Happy Birthday Jamie!