Well, Marisa isn't here to post her link roundup today because she was just a little busy this weekend HAVING A BABY!!!! Woohoo!!!! I can't tell you how excited I am to have little Evie around and how happy I am for my dear friend. I had a slightly less wild weekend, of course, which included baking a super delicious olive cake, eating said cake, and reveling in the return of sunshine with daylight savings celebratory cocktails on Sunday. We may not all be experiencing a life change as grand as Marisa's, but we get to welcome a happy little change of our own, as the evenings get sunnier and the snow (/slush) finally melts. I don't know about you, but I feel at least 10 times happier now that it's warming up outside. So thanks, little Evie, for bringing the spring weather with you! Welcome to the world! Ever the organized one, Marisa arranged this list of links for you before going into labor (and ever the late one, I'm posting them on Tuesday instead of Monday...because of technical difficulties, I swear). So here are a few things to keep you occupied until the next hopefully-even-more-Spring-like weekend. Congratulations, Marisa & Evie...enjoy this first new week together! xo jamie
- Dolce & Gabbana celebrates Mommas in Milan - including babies and a pregnant model strutting down the runaway.
- Exhaustion is not a status symbol. Amen. Let's all get some more sleep!
- After-work emails may be ruining your life. Geez, stop emailing me so late Jamie! (Honestly, I'm usually the one emailing her...and usually it's Beyonce gifs.)
- ...Mostly because Joanna, from Cup of Jo, introduced me to Riffsy a gif texting app. I apologize in advance to everyone who interacts with me via text message for the next few weeks. Because I can't stop!
- This baby being consoled by Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" cracks me up. I've been listening to her new album a lot during my pregnancy so this could come in handy!
- Check out this adorable spring cake decorated with rainbow Twizzlers. Genius.
- Love this easy crystal magnet D.I.Y from Almost Perfect.
- This kid's Bar Mitzvah video invite is amazing. He's got some real chutzpah!