This past Sunday was World Water Day and in honor of that I'm highlighting my favorite water filter. I know what you are thinking - a water filter? How boring! But I promise by the end of this post you will want to throw out your plastic Brita, that always soaks half of the counter every time you use it, for this modern glass carafe and filter. It's one of those upgrades where you think, why didn't someone fix this appliance earlier?
Here are some simple reasons why the soma water filer is such an upgrade from your plastic water filter.
- It's made of glass. Googling for glass water filters is how I first discovered the Soma. I really wanted a glass carafe because I whole heartedly believe water in glass tastes better than water in plastic and because it just feels healthier.
- The filter is made up of biodegradable and sustainable materials like organic coconut shells. The whole filter is completely compostable in commercial composting facilities and all their packaging is made out of recycled materials. The whole company follows a green lifestyle, where they strive to choose green options at every part of production.
- It's charitable. Every filter you buy from Soma includes a donation to charity: water.
- It's pretty. With it's stylish design, you can set it out at your dinner table and it looks so much classier than those bulky plastic containers. It blends right in with wine decanters and fine china! (or take out containers!)
- It's easy to refill. Unlike other filters where you have to prop open the top to refill, you can just stick the soma directly under the faucet.
- It's easy to grip and fits perfectly in the refrigerator, taking up less space than our previous filter. It's incredibly easy to pour from - with no plastic covers falling off mid stream
- You can sign up for a subscription and get filters sent to you exactly when you need to replace them. Confession: we hardly ever remembered to change our previous water carafe filters. When you get one delivered to you monthly, you can't forget!
- There are no black specks floating in your water. I know those black specks were supposed to be doing something, but I never liked seeing them floating in my water.
- You can infuse herbs and fruit right in the carafe, like oh sweet joy did.
- Did I mention it's pretty?
You can purchase it here
1 Carafe + 1 Filter . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $49
1 Carafe + 6 Filters . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . $99
1 Carafe + 12 Filters . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $159
and in honor of world water day if you buy a Soma this week they'll donate an extra $5 to charity: water.
(all photos from Soma's website/facebook page)