Oscar night isn't simply about sitting back on your couch, sipping a cocktail, mocking/admiring fashion, checking out your latest Hollywood obsession, and cringing at sappy acceptance speeches. Okay it's mostly about that. But it's also a night for stone-cold gambling and establishing year-long bragging rights. Let me just say right here that I lose the Oscar pool every single year. And I fancy myself (well, before motherhood, I used to fancy myself) pretty up-to-date on movies and Hollywood news. Last year I think I got the fewest number of correct answers of anyone in the room. And yet, I still feel like Oscar night just isn't Oscar night without a ballot. So here's a pretty little printable one for you. If you feel like posting your answers here next Monday, we'll have a prize for the Chasing Saturdays Oscar Pool Winner! I promise, it will most likely not be me.
And if you'd like to up the ante with a few more categories, here are a few ideas for "prop bets," for making side wagers with friends or to offer door prizes to party guests:
- Number of dates who match their tie and dress color (black and white count!)
- Whether NPH’s opening number will run over or under 15 minutes
- Number of times someone’s speech gets cut off by music
- Whether either the winner of Best Actor or Best Actress will cry during his/her acceptance speech
- Whether either the winner of the Best Supporting Actor or Best Supporting Actress will forget to thank his/her spouse/significant other
- Whether or not Kanye West will interrupt someone’s acceptance speech
- Whether the overall telecast will run over or under 3 hrs & 45 min
Get a printable version of the ballot here.