With her Glam-orous post yesterday, Marisa kicked us off on a week of Oscar-worthy ideas. We may not be gearing up for a walk down the red carpet...okay maybe we'll both be watching Sunday's awards on our own couches in our pajamas...but that doesn't stop us from indulging in a little Hollywood glitz and glam. Even if you plan on keeping your Oscar festivities low-key, here's a quick and simple craft to add a little sparkle to your toasts.
Tinsel-Topped Drink Stirrers
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- glue gun
- silver or gold tinsel - in our case, some left over from Christmas
- bamboo skewers (ours are 6")
- snip off a small piece of tinsel for each stirrer
- spin the end of a skewer in hot glue, so that the glue goes all around the tip of it
- pinch a piece of tinsel around the glue end of the skewer
- hold for a minute until the glue dries
- Pop a stirrer into a champagne flute and add some bubbly
And just like that, it'll feel like you're air-kissing Marion Cotillard on the red carpet or rubbing elbows with Neil Patrick Harris backstage. Actually it won't be like that at all. But your drink will look pretty. Cheers to that!
(all photos, jamie grill photography)