Our hearts were heavy with sadness over what happened in Beirut and Paris this past week. It's hard to process such tragedies. I spent much of the weekend simultaneously avoiding the news and absorbing all the information I could. It's scary and intensely sad to even think about, let alone comprehend. We hugged our families a little harder this weekend. I luckily got to spend the weekend with my family celebrating my beautiful niece's 1st birthday with the most adorable flower themed celebration and Jamie made it out of the house with Cass for long sunshine-y walks and his first brunch (a NYC baby right of passage).
Here are some links to let your mind take a break from the craziness of the world...
- The french artist behind the symbol of peace for Paris above. The rest of his instagram will surely bring a smile to your face during such hard times as well.
- A man interviews his younger self. (It's been done before! Why didn't 12 or 18 year-old me think of this?!)
- While there are tons of articles on how to host Thanksgiving, I found this article on how to be the best guest at Thanksgiving more useful!
- Currently writing these links while listening to Lena Dunham's new podcast, Women of the Hour, and it's great.
- Currently coveting this agenda for 2016 to keep it all in perspective (via SwissMiss)
- Easy tips to optimize your bedroom for better sleep
- Let's remember what the holiday season is really all about. Here are some of the best foods to donate to food banks during the holidays.
- I'm 100% guilty of loving NPR voice and could never be on NPR myself, having the least NPR-y voice ever.
- A meditative timelapse of a valley changing colors with the season.
- Adding a cast iron skillet to my wishlist this year...yum.
- What your ex says about you
- An adorable way to send guests home with leftover pie this Thanksgiving.
In case you missed it on Chasing Saturdays...
- Jamie shared her number one, must-have item she packed in her hospital bag - a lovely maternity robe.
- I gave you the only rule you need to follow when shooting video with your phone
- and rounded up our favorite Chasing Saturday Thanksgiving Day recipes, crafts, cocktails and essentials.
- We also made use of leftover cranberry sauce to make a refreshing cranberry sauce and bourbon cocktail.
Have a peaceful week.