How was your weekend? To be honest, mine felt ca-razy filled with gas leaks, running to Starbucks in pajamas to avoid gas leaks, nursing strikes and some tears, both Mom and baby. Somehow we still managed to squeeze in some fun with a visit Central Park with Jon's parents and brunch with friends, but it was one of those weekends where by Sunday, you already need another weekend. Jamie spent the weekend trying to dance that overdue baby out, but if Beyoncé, Prince, and the Go-Gos can't inspire that kid to come out, I don't know what will!
Here's to a calmer, more stress-free, overdue baby being born kind of week. And here are some fun links to keep you sane just in case it's not...
- Love imaginary real estate? Check out these television show home floor plans.
- Just add a pinch of salt...to your coffee?!
- Did any of you love Tower Records as much as my husband and I did? Apparently, Colin Hanks shares the same appreciation and made a documentary called All Things Must Pass. Can't wait to see it.
- What time to go to bed ...now if only my 7 month-old would let me know what time she is going to wake up! (via Cup of Jo)
- Urban life beautifully captured in photos around the world.
- Aziz Ansari on racism in Hollywood. Can't wait to watch his new show, Masters of None, on Netflix.
- The newest fad in preventing peanut allergies in kids is a delicious treat. Evie loves her Bambas (and so do I!). Our Israeli friend was super excited to see them in our apartment too.
- Want to be the only Amelia Earhart at the Halloween party this weekend? Try Google Fightgeist to see the most popular costumes that are trending in your area this year.
- Matt Green is walking every block of New York City (all 8,000 miles of it) and it's fascinating. (via Sho & Tell)
In case you missed it on Chasing Saturdays...
- I discovered the best housewarming gift
- Jamie crafted up some no-drill, starry pumpkins
- talked all things fennel
- and ended the week with an ode to classic cocktails with some tips like drink your cocktail while it's "laughing at you"
Have a great week!