We are still anxiously awaiting the arrival of Jamie's baby boy! Jamie spent the weekend eating pineapple, getting foot rubs, googling pressure points, eating spicy food, and taking long walks. I celebrated my friend Julia's birthday with a weekend full of celebrations, complete with a pitcher of New England Express. Jamie and I wrapped up our last photo shoot of the year on Friday and are both officially on maternity leave. I've got stroller tours of museums and parks in mind- but who am I kidding, I will probably spend 90 percent of our days trying to get Evie to nap. Either way, I am so excited to spend the next few months watching this little one grow and hang with Vivi and her new baby brother.
Here are some links we loved that will distract you while you wait for that pineapple to kick in...
- Paris vs. New York: School Lunch Edition.
- Bagel bread? yes, please.
- These Spooky Spiked Shirleys are making me want to throw a Halloween party.
- I've been trying to kick my addiction to my phone all week. This helps.
- I've always loved Samantha Bee, but her response to Vanity Fair's all-male late-night cover makes me love her even more.
- What happens when you photoshop men out of politics, business, and arts and entertainment? Spoiler alert...a lot.
- "We are pregnant." I read this out loud to Jamie at our last photo shoot and we could not stop giggling. (via Cup of Jo)
In case you missed it at Chasing Saturdays:
- Jamie talked about an under-rated gadget, return address stamps, and picked out some of her favorite designs. (Jamie has gifted me two return address stamps and I love them.)
- She also gave some amazing tips on how to take better cell phone photos. (Which I need to follow since all my photos from the weekend were blurry, so I had to use the photo Jamie took of me and Evie above!)
- I learned all about emulsions and made a cider vinaigrette
- and whipped up the best fall party punch - The New England Express
Have a great week!
(photos via instagram and jamie grill photography)