How was your weekend? It was the most perfectly crisp autumnal weekend here in the northeast. My husband, Evie and myself are all battling colds. I visited both my sisters this weekend- Colleen (in photo above) in Philadelphia, and Lizzy in the Pennsylvania countryside. Despite the sneezing and coughing, we had a fun weekend walking around the city and going pumpkin picking - a perfect balance of tall buildings and open skies. (Side note: Philly is such a fun, cute city!) Jamie relaxed all weekend and yet somehow still felt exhausted by the end. Or maybe she was just tired of me asking if she was in labor every time she didn't text me back right away?
Here are some links we loved around the internet this week:
- Made us giggle - like these pee-wee football players we can't help but to dance when this song comes on too.
- Elegant and spooky Halloween decorations
- Will need an Italian date night this week to try these pasta pronunciations out.
- The alphabet never looked so cute.
- For all those New Englanders in warm weather states who miss the fall foliage
- A really thoughtful and great essay on single parenthood and stepping into someone else's shoes every now and then, in general. (via Cup of Jo)
- This cool gif will make you rethink your commute.
- These children's books about grief, loss and mourning look like they handle an impossible subject beautifully.
In case you missed it on Chasing Saturdays:
- I talked about my new obsession with daily newsletter, TheSkimm
- Jamie made popovers - which seem impossible to make at home, but are actually really simple and guarantee some "oohs and ahhs" from your dinner guests.
- Jamie also kicked off fall with an autumnal cocktail featuring our accidental signature ingredient of the season, maple syrup, in a Maple Bourbon Smash.