Hope you all had a great weekend! Jamie and my sisters threw the most beautiful, celestial-themed baby shower for me yesterday. Jamie really outdid herself with decor and craftiness, which you will see in upcoming posts! Every detail was so thoughtful and we all had a great time. I can't wait for you all to see! I also strategically orchestrated a blizzard to slam the northeast so my sister would be forced to stay an extra day or two. If you are on the east coast, I hope you are hunkering down and have gotten all the essentials (wine and nutella) to get you through the storm! Here are some links to peruse while you sip on hot chocolate in your sweatpants!
- Coverage of the 1888 blizzard in NYC, also known as the "great white hurricane," is crazy
- Five podcasts to listen to post-Serial
- How to make hard choices - a great video to watch for fellow indecisive people, like me. I mean, maybe you should watch it? I dunno, I can't decide!
- Are you like me and can't have coffee after 4 p.m without a restless night? We totally need to try this coffee that helps you fall asleep. An affogato before bed time? Yes, please
- Zadie Smith's 10 rules to writing. Number 2 and 7 are my favorite.
- Celebrate the Super Bowl in foodie fashion with these take-out options or a chip and dip "snack pack" from Wylie Dufresne's restaurant, Alder.
- If you don't feel as celebratory as Jamie on Valentine's Day, here are 10 beautifully, bitter down-with Valentine's day cards.
- These NFL bad lip reads always crack me up!
- British Kit-Kats and Cadbury will no longer be available in the U.S anymore?! Where do I start a petition against Hershey's? These are dark times.
- Wish I had these tips for dying your hair platinum blonde last year! Now I know for next time!
- A brilliant way to respond to a customer who is being rude to you.
- Mentally escape the blizzard with our Cara Cara Margarita's.
Stay warm and cozy!