Friday is my 30th birthday and I'm not shy about celebrating all week long. I've always been excited for 30 because it always sounded like a really confident age to me. Old enough to have learned a thing or two, but young enough to still make mistakes and stay out later than one should. I really should get this temporary tattoo from Emily McDowell to wear all weekend, because it sums up how I feel.
Even though I don't recieve many gifts as the years go on, I still make wishlists. Most of the time I buy the gifts for myself and have a "treat yo' self" day a la Tom and Donna on Parks and Rec. Here are a few things that are on my wishlist. I've already treated myself to the dreamy necklace - after all I'm a grown-ass lady and I do what I want!
- RMS Living Luminizer - I've wanted this forever to create that dewy, glowy look all the J. Crew models have, but can never find it in stores and I am so lazy about online shopping. It's time.
- Rackk & Ruin Lunette Drop Chain Necklace - My friend Molly Conant designs and hand-makes beautiful jewelry and I've been eyeing this piece for a while. I'm obsessed with all the jewelry on her site and her fashion blog.
- A fiddle leaf fig tree with rolling plant stand - Gardenista wrote this funny post on her adventures of caring for a fiddle leaf fig tree and ever since I've wanted one with the same exact rolling stand.
- Tickets to see This Is Our Youth starring Michael Cera, Kieran Culkin and my hero Tavi Gevinson.
- Madewell Park Overalls - I keep waiting for these overalls to go on sale, but I think I'm gonna have to suck it up and pay full price!
- A relaxing day at the Greenwich Hotel Shibui Spa - After I read that this is Jenna Lyons favorite place to unwind I went to the website and now can't get a vision of myself enjoying a massage and relaxing by that pool on a cold autumn day out of my head.
Goodbye 20's you were good to me - full of fun, adventure, some terrible haircuts and fashion choices, heartache, falling in love, marriage, travel and finding "myself" a few hundred times. Hello 30! Here's to even more adventures, better haircuts, less tequila and more wine.