There's a time and place for espadrilles, strappy sandals, and cute summer wedges, but a classic flop is a thing of perfection. Seeing as how I wear flip flops pretty much exclusively from Spring to Fall, I'm always on the hunt for the perfect pair. I prefer to keep my flip flops classic and simple - this is not the place to experiment with fads and trends. Here's a little round up of my favorite kinds of flops: comfortable and barely-there, just as well suited for a day in the sand as for a hot summer night in a little black dress.
Clockwise from top:
- Havaianas slim flip flops, the undeniable gold-standard of simple sandals, from Brazil (who better to borrow your beach style from than the Brazilians?).
- TKEES flip flops, elegant in their utter simplicity, made to "disappear" on your foot.
- A slightly more complex style from Land's End, keeping it classic with a nod to espadrilles.
- Reef metallic "Uptown" flip flops, which give you surfer cred with a little added shine.
- Summer white sandals with a simple braided detail from American Eagle.
- Billabong "Iska" flip flops, a subtle update on the classic rubber sandal, in a neutral army green.
Or here's a simple DIY to make your own fabric flip flops, which I'd love to try!
There's plenty summer left - get flopping!
(photos from each respective website linked here)