Have I mentioned that I am super frazzled and sleepy lately? I have a perfect, adorable, funny, precious, sweet reason why...she's 16-months old and her name is Vivi. As I've said before, I am no mama guru - I feel very much like I am making this all up as I go along. But I feel verrry confident in saying that I am now an expert at being super frazzled and sleepy, and yet still making it through each day. Here are a few mama items that help keep me bright or perk me up in the midst of the daily mama frazzle...
CLOCKWISE, from top left:
- Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer makes my skin feel bright on even the dullest of days (when I mayyyybe passed out without washing my face the night before...)
- I can keep simple gold studs in permanently, which helps with my get-up-and-get-going lifestyle these days. Plus they're not as easy for baby hands to grab as dangley earrings or long necklaces, which I used to wear daily.
- Gone are the days of cute little clutches - I need a bag roomy enough for a change of clothes and Vivi's favorite Astronaut Teddy Bear. But if you're going to schlep Boogie Wipes and diapers around town, you might as well do it in style. Leather is a luxurious and classic upgrade for my mom-tote - and Baggu makes them in a bunch of bright colors.
- This is mama glam at its finest - I don't actually have this carrier, but I wish I did. We love our cotton ring sling - my husband and I used it almost exclusively for a long time, when Vivi was tiny enough to fit inside in a little bundle. Now that she's over a year, the Ergo is our workhorse most days, but the ring sling is still a light, easy way to get some relief while carrying her on my hip. These slings from Sakura Bloom are made of dupioni silk in the most gorgeous colors. What better way to brighten up a quick chore or stroll around town?
- Fresh Rose Floral Toner is like washing your face and re-applying make-up...but in one quick spritz. It revitalizes and soothes my sleepy skin and adds a healthy glow, either on clean skin or on top of make-up that was applied many hours earlier. Plus the light floral smell boosts my mood.
Mama or not, I hope you find a thing or two here to brighten up a sleepy day of your own!